Easter is April 4th this year. We are excited to celebrate the hope of resurrection together! Things are not yet back to normal, so we will still have a different Easter than “normal,” but our hope (and current plan) is to be able to celebrate Easter together in person through a few worship options between our two congregations. How we look forward to worshiping together on that important day!
7am Sunrise Service at Common Ground
9:30am Service at South Monterey UMC
11am Service at Hopkins UMC
& on Zoom live
Children’s Church/Sunday School will be available at the 11am service at Hopkins.
Inside Worship Health Guidelines:
We are committed to the wellbeing of our community and living out our Methodist core value of “Do no harm.” So we maintain some basic CDC recommended restrictions for all church gatherings.
- Masks are required. We have not had a problem with mask wearing, but if you invite someone to come for Easter, remind them to bring a mask. We have disposable ones to give to anyone who forgets, too! Those with medical conditions given exception.
- Hand Sanitizer will be inside the entry doors before the stairway, please use it on your way in and out of the Sanctuary.
- Social Distancing will be enforced, 6 feet or more. Even if you are vaccinated, please respect the 6ft recommended to help us all do our best.
- Respect roped off pews. To maintain social distancing while sitting, we have roped off every-other pew and put up signs. Sit in the open pews in your family group/COVID bubble.
- Windows will be open to increase air circulation. We will crank the heat as needed, but bring a jacket if you tend to run cold just in case.
- No singing. The science continues to show that singing and shouting are the strongest spreaders of COVID through the air. That makes singing one of the highest risk activities by a church, so we will be eliminating that risk for now.
- Children’s Church will continue. As has been the practice, we will continue to encourage the kids to follow safety guidelines as much as possible.
- Children’s Sermon will maintain Social Distance. Pastor Kelsey will guide the kids as they are invited up for where they will sit and encourage them to stay in family groups and she will keep proper distance.
- For those who do not wish for their children to go down to Sunday School, there will be “worship bags” with activities and supplies for them to play with during the service.
- Continuing COVID-times norms of gathering for worship:
- Offering will be collected as you walk in or out of the church on the welcome table. Loose change offering will also be there.
- Pick up your bulletin on the welcome table.
- There will be no moving around for passing of the peace.
- Each family has an assigned “worship bag” with activities and supplies for their kids to play with during the service. There are extra bags for visitors.
- Please be cautious with mingling, try to do it outside if weather allows.